Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Some Days Are Harder Than Others

I just learned moments ago that former UNLV center Lewis Brown died of a heart attack today in Los Angeles at 56 years old. Lewis played for the Rochester Zeniths in the Continental Basketball League after his UNLV days and parlayed that into a brief stint with the Washington Bullets in the NBA. What made me even sadder was learning that Lewis had spent the last ten years of his life living on the mean streets of Compton. How terrible that had to have been for him. Lewis was a difficult person at times, but he certainly didn't deserve this fate. If only I had known, if only the word was out about his plight, help was surely available to him. Alas, it's too late...Lewis Brown has died and nothing can change those last years...years that had to have been so, so horrible for him. He deserved better. I wish I could have helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment